Two-thirds of those wishing to vote remotely on amendments to the Constitution have already made their choice. How many applications were submitted and what is the technology called “Mobile voter,” in an interview to “Russia 24” told the Deputy Chairman of the CEC Nikolai Bulaev.
– Nikolai Ivanovich, I would like to talk about procedures that in the vote proposed by the CEC. And what these treatments may be more convenient for the voter? In particular, I would like to talk about the technology of “Mobile voter” and there were a lot of applications were submitted for voting at the place of residence?
“Mobile voter” — a purely Russian invention. This invention with a capital letter, which is based on the algorithm and the Russian, and the Russian software . And I dare say that nothing like it anywhere else do not apply.
“Mobile voter,” allows any voter of the Russian Federation to choose the place where it is convenient for him to vote in the next election or on the national ballot. The “Mobile voters” ensures that the voter is included in only one list, and he will not be able to even virtual to vote at another polling station. This system is simple, perfect, and can be used in any of the precinct election Commission, and we do.
On the national ballot in the framework of the “Mobile voter” statement was written almost 5 million citizens, this figure is serious. With 3 million 700 thousand written statements in the framework of a purely “Mobile voter”, choosing the wrong polling station. And almost 1 million 200 thousand wrote the statement in the context of remote e-voting. This is an additional opportunity today, which is used for the first time at the Federal level. The first application of remote voting was in Moscow at the Moscow city Duma elections, and now in two Regionah – Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod – apply this technology, and it will use 1 million 190 thousand people. And we see that the turnout there today is very high, the activity of people is high. We can say absolutely, not absolutely, but the fact that demand exactly.
– Let us once again recall why Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod was chosen for remote electronic voting, and how popular this service in these regions?
– you Need to “my account” on mos.ru or on the portal – and there, and there these two regions differ in a large number of residents who have these “Personal accounts”.
the Second factor, no less important – should be of high interest, including the leaders of the region, and Sobyanin, and Gleb has used all of its administrative resources, arguing that they need remote voting. Both Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod, in my opinion, absolutely rightly, was selected as the city in which this technology will be applied. And now we see the level of awareness of citizens about the use of this technology by the interest shown by the inhabitants of these two regions of the Russian Federation that the choice was correct, and was unmistakably made by the Central election Commission.
– Nikolay Ivanovich, based on the experience obtained, whether the planned use of this technology in the future of the country?
– You know, it does not depend on someone’s administrative decision. Now the vote shows that it’s convenient, it’s easy. Going into the Studio, I saw the numbers: more than 70 percent of people who signed up, voted. And it says that it is needed. And we can’t to meet this demand, working on over the use of various technologies in the electoral process. Because if we do not do, the question arises: "why do you then showed us that the way to vote?”. And we get the result that practically there can be no complaints. I think the government’s actions in this direction should be still subordinate to the will, which is expressed today in the national vote. At least in these two regions. We have letters from other regions: “Why not us?”. We had applications from five regions. And I think we need to give that opportunity to all who wish to use remote technology. One believes applies. Who does not believe – stations are open, welcome. Vote in the traditional way.