the Northern fleet Sailors have discovered the alleged place of the food depot was one of the first explorers of the Arctic. In the period from 1872 to 1984 in the New Earth took place in the Austro-Hungarian expedition to find the northeast passage under the leadership of Julius payer and Karl Weyprecht. This was reported by the GTRK “Murman” has aired on TV channels “Russia 1” “Russia 24”, with reference to the press service of the fleet.
the crew of the ship “Elbrus” has made this discovery during a regular Northern supply to the Islands of the Arctic ocean. Along the way, the team performed a reconnaissance of the route for the upcoming August expedition off the coast of the Novaya Zemlya archipelago. Note that reconnaissance was necessary to improve the effectiveness of the expeditionary force, as adjacent to the North island waters is poorly studied.
Most details sailors explored the coast of the Western and Eastern Islands of Barents and Litke Peninsula. Weather conditions allowed to conduct photo and video. In the near future will be the analysis of the obtained materials. Then the experts make a conclusion about the discovery of historical remains.
Recall, the food depot of the Austro-Hungarian expedition was laid in August, 1872. As a sponsor was count Johann Wilczek. The amount spent on the enterprise funds was equal to one third of the total budget of the campaign. However, the researchers structure is not used. Information on subsequent detection have also been reported.
In August a detachment of the expedition of SF landed on the Islands of Barents. Along with PRO scientists they expect to find artifacts proving the opening of the Northern fleet.
Text: GTRK “Murman”