“Vesti on Saturday” received from the FSO scheme of the Senate (now — presidential) building of the Kremlin and of the Kremlin in 1941, when Moscow rushed German. It was the roof of the palaces of the Kremlin are not green and almost orange. But no matter how ukladyvaya even in the color shot of the Victory Parade of 1945, you will not see this. That’s right — by the time the Kremlin cleared of camouflage. But where would still see what he looked like during the war?
Shot of the parade on 7 November 1941, when the enemy stood at the gates of Moscow, there is only black and white. In principle, it shares some secrets. For example, many people know that Stalin’s speech was then recorded separately. That’s why his mouth is not steam. For the same reason again shot, then the soldiers allegedly listening to Stalin, but their hats and their shoulders snowflakes. But for real shooting, all covered.
But it seems that still nobody was paying one more detail. On actual footage enters the area of the truck. Enters and enters. But what is this painted on the Kremlin wall?
– Basil, too, was painted in camouflage colors: gray, light gray, dark gray and black.
– That is, in this sense, the black-and-white chronicle, oddly enough, just right?
Sergei Devyatov — the adviser of Director FSO of Russia, doctor of historical Sciences, Professor, a passionate connoisseur of history of the Kremlin, which has sent us archival documents as, on the contrary, color, invisible from the air was usually white bell tower of Ivan the Great and bright spots, not the Kremlin scales that covered the walls and roof. In addition, the German aerial photography shows that instead of the red square was the city’s buildings.
– From the air it seemed that she built?
“Yes,” said Sergei Devyatov said.
– Even thought she’s not.
– What is it — a quarter. On red square there was a two storey house with a mezzanine. The very samee was made in the Kremlin, also painted the Ivanovo area, the bottom of the Taynitsky garden.
– I know that Ivan the Great was the control Center of air defense and headquarters was at the Tsar-bell. And here?
– And here was the 14th case.
Here it is the case, where he worked for the Council of Ministers and the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. Now in the place of flowers. They follow the contours of the churches of the Chudov and Voznesensky monasteries, stood up to the Soviet government.
the churches of the Kremlin wall are visible on the pre-revolutionary photographs. But the German aerial photography, 1941, as if lost, and the 14th corps, which was demolished much later. What is the secret?
so, again, the chronicle parade of 1941, when for a single day were removed from the square house-casts, but the paint remained. We need the perspective on the soldiers on the background of Gum, with its recognizable semi-circular Windows.
Historical fact: in 1941, for security reasons, the parade was moved to two hours earlier. But the crew forgot to warn you. Therefore, when operators rushed already in the middle of the parade, was shot in the side of the Gum; there is even something where you can see its semi-circular Windows. But once the camera is still deployed. When that happened, all could see what I cannot see.
This is the 14th case. If you look closely, you can see that the facade is painted. Only in passing, this kind of went into the movie not only because the operators was late, but because of everything else shot them, obviously passed through the hands of the military censors. But they didn’t if the movie will be captured by the Germans that they would understand what a fraud.
And another photo shows that and the side of the Moscow river, the Kremlin has painted for urban development.
“a week after the outbreak of war the commandant of the Kremlin General Spiridonov wrote up a memo about the need to provide masking of the Moscow Kremlin. Time was very short. Been attracted by our wonderful architect academician Boris Iofan” — frommethyl Sergei Devyatov.
Another aerial view of Moscow, but even early 30-ies. Look carefully. Here is the creation of the Boris Iofan, as a residential government complex known as the House on the embankment. And opposite it by Iofan was to be erected a Grand Palace of Soviets. Its construction was halted with the outbreak of war. But under the construction was blown up the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, which still is in the picture from the air early 30’s. And now with the beginning of the war, Iofan gets the job to save what they shouldn’t take down the enemy.
And again the Kremlin. The Grand Kremlin Palace (BKD). On 22 July 1941 the Germans bombed Moscow for the first time, the Palace was clearly. Remember how recently we were walking in his dungeons. There we waited for our escort to the Palace Anastasia Pavlova, research fellow of the Grand Kremlin Palace.
– Scary to think what information is on this cable. We will not ask.
– Indeed, better not, ‘ said Pavlov.
– And down more floors twenty?
– It’s a secret.
In the first bombing was broken the cable that went from the Kremlin to the Lubyanka, the NKVD. And of the buildings hardest-hit Arsenal and the surrounding area.
– was destroyed by the so-called small HONG Stalinist garage special purpose. There were three cars, but the motorcade Stalin was at that time in Volyn. Three bombs fell on the Red area, falling in the Taynitsky garden, — said Sergei Devyatov.
– And there was a battery that I know of.
– the Two batteries.
– in this garden?
– Yes, there were two batteries, just on the edge of the garden, and there was heavy anti-aircraft battery.
among the gunners were the victims. A bomb fell in the same BKD. Fortunately, did not explode, the one that landed in St George’s hall, where, incidentally, only during the recent renovation has finally eliminated the defects of the parquet after the bombing.
After this urbanisation painted over already and BKD. Even before it turned off the lighting towers and stars. And engaged in surroundings of the Kremlin.
– there was another sign that might lead aircraft for the Kremlin. The fact that the other side of the Moscow river Diversion channel is still XVIII century — said Sergei Devyatov.
– an island is obtained.
– Yes, it turns out long island.
– It is visible, it is recognizable.
– the Moskva river forks. There were driven off the barge and also painted.
In the end, the Germans flew over the centre and dropping bombs on another place where the Moskva river splits, in the distant and sparsely populated then Nagatino.
But the center has secured additional: not only the roof and pavements coated three-dimensional coloring under the alleged additional buildings. And, of course, pulled to the center and lifted him over the balloons.
– by the Way, the Kremlin has not dropped one of barrage balloons. He fell between the Kutafia and Trinity towers, — said Sergei Devyatov.
– by Itself or as a result of falling of the plane?
– No, it was a German plane that fell on the Lousy hill, where now the skyscraper on Kotelnicheskaya embankment. As the balloon collapsed in Alexandrovsky garden. Half an hour it was removed.
shot down a German plane exposed for all to see. One of the photos allows us to understand something else. On it — hasn’t veiled the Grand theatre. So is he now. But then, seeing how well the camouflage and other optical effects to protect the Kremlin, it was decided to extend the experience and the rest of the city. That is why Moscow suffered not so much. The capital has maintained the disguise until the summer of 1942.
And in June 1945 Moscow has already held the Parade of winners. By the time the walls of the Kremlin cleaned, and the red square brought all the home-dummies, and city buildings, restored pre-war decor. In particular, leading to the Kremlin, Gorky street — the statue, which during the war could be another landmark for the Germans. But soon ee was again removed. However, that’s another story.